Friday, August 26, 2005

Altered Book Technique :: Avoiding Yucky Board Book Gutters

I recently received this question from a fellow altered book artist:

...how do you have such neat gutters? i am doing my first board book using your info to guide me...my gutters are the worst...i thought i read something in your pages about some kind of tape for them, but i am not sure...could you let me know when you have time...

Here are some techniques I use to avoid having yucky gutters in my board books....[Continued on Artful Journey, my new blog.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kare, thank you so much for answering me..
who would have ever guessed?? tyvec!!..that is the one i read somewhere in your pages..this is my first board book and so far, so good i am doing it on music..opera, jazz, blues and rock n roll..some of my favorites..
as i said before, i love your art work and the time and thoughtfullness you put into it..i could tell the moment i came across it that this was no fleeting fancy for you..you really are gifted
i have been perusing this altered art for over a year now and still haven't found anyone else's work i like as much as yours, or instructions explained as clearly as yours...i am also a poet in my soul and your poetry is wonderful and inspires me, even though i am not there yet..my husband and i are going to be in the san jose area at the end of sept...did you say you have some books in a gallery near there, i forget the name of the town??..i would love to go see them..thank you again, carol

8/26/2005 06:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home