Friday, August 05, 2005

On the Verge of Weeping in the Hallmark Store

My oldest son, CJ, is turning 20 tomorrow. Today I went to the Hallmark store to try to find him a birthday card. Am I the only one who abhores picking out greeting cards? I must have read almost every single card there was. Nothing seemed to fit. I wanted to find something funny and encouraging-- but couldn't find a thing. I originally by-passed the section with the cards that have deep colors and swirly fonts on the front. You know the ones with SON written in huge sweeping letters. Finally, out of desperation, I picked up a few of the sentimental types and almost burst into tears....[Continued on Artful Journey, my new blog.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi karen, carol here..haven't been in touch for awhile, but i am always pouring over your beautiful art work..remember i am the 60 year old who is trying to be creative..i started an altered book after seeing your motor car girls..i still look at that one all the time..yes watching your child turn 20 is definetley is another milestone..i have a son 43 who just got back from afghanistan and a daughter almost 40..so yes, everytime they have a major birthday, i still cry..is it because i am getting older??? or is it plain old sentimentality?? i am not sure..what i do know is you are really gifted and give so much in your teaching and art..i really admire you, so you go girl and cry anytime you like..more often than not theses days my tears are joyful tears and the sad tears are few and far between...blessings on you:-)) carol

8/10/2005 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home