Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wall Hangings Added to My Web Site

Today I finally finished adding the new Wall Hangings Gallery to Karen's Whimsy. I started making these book sculptures almost a year ago, and showed them for the first time at the Bay Area Book Arts Jam last October. I sold my first one there; it's still one of my favorites. It was called Earth Source and was made from an old Reader's Digest book. It was a gold green color and had all these paper strips spilling out from it. I was so excited when it sold because it validated my own feelings for that book, reassuring me that I wasn't crazy, that it was something special. I never even got a chance to photograph it, but it's still clear in my mind, and I hope to make another one like it soon.....[Continued on Artful Journey, my new blog.]

1 Comments:

Blogger hestiahomeschool said...

Oh, that is such a wonderful image! My daughters will love that idea. I like the idea of handing the books on the wall like that....right now my altered book is pretty mundane. It is barely more than a scrapbook, really, but you are very inspirational!

6/19/2005 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home