Thursday, August 04, 2005

Dia de los Muertos Altered Books

I have finally finished my three books for Dia de los Muertos - The Day of the Dead. You can see more pictures of them on my web site at Dia de los Muertos :: Dia de los Muertos Altered Books. I started creating these books because I wanted to enter a juried exhibition for art related to the Day of the Dead, but I found out about it too late. I foolishly thought I could complete the books before the deadline, but I wasn't able to. I'm hoping to enter them in a more local art show. The deadline for that one is August 27, so I might be able to get all the entry stuff done by then....[Continued on Artful Journey, my new blog.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I saw the same call for Dia de los Muertos art you mentioned, I was so excited to create something but missed it too! I love the pieces you created though, they're wonderful. And I bought my first set of Loteria cards about 13 years ago on a road trip in college to New Mexico and have used them in my art ever since - I love 'em!

8/08/2005 09:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home