Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back to My Altered Books

Back to Altered Books

In the two months since my previous entry, I lost my wonderful mother, Sandie, to complications from Alzheimer's, and my sweet little dog Angel, to blood clots in the lungs. Until just about two weeks ago, when we scattered my mom's ashes, I had been walking around in a haze, unable to even think about making art. Slowly, I've begun to peel back the sadness and have restarted my artful journey... [Continued on Artful Journey]

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Hello Karen.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I can relate haveing lost both of mine.
I think your altered book is fantastic.
Your colours are lovely. I dsid an altered book as my first art project,it was Vines of My Muse. I had vines on all my pages and your remindes me of it but mine is not half as good as your.. Love it..
I hope creating and time will heal a bit of your heart..

2/06/2007 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Zuzu's Blog said...

Hi there.. I discovered you by looking through the altered book association web page and your book jumped out from most i had looked at so far .. so I had to come visit your blog..
Firstly. I am so sorry for your sad news. two very important lives for you lost. I hope you find some peace and can think of them with happy thoughts very soon.
secondly. Your art is wonderful and I am glad I found your page. I will visit regularly now I know where you are in blog land x

7/14/2008 04:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home